OWARE TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION

OWARE TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION
Playing Oware on Break. Bolgatanga N/R Ghana

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OWARE CANADA MESSAGE TO CBC Metro Morning September 21, 2011

Good morning,

I am presently working on a exciting new initiative called Oware: Africa in the Classroom. Oware is an ancient African board game from the "pit and pebbles" class with some 300 different versions played around the world and originating in Africa. Playing Oware is a fun and exciting way to introduce Africa in the classroom. MACPRI is looking to take Oware Canada to the National level with the staging of the first ever International Oware Tournament in Toronto scheduled to take place at the Africentric Alternative School on October 29, 2011. I am really interested in continuing a great history with CBC Metro Morning. I have been interviewed by both the program's previous hosts and both interviews were well received by your audience. Peter Gzowski and Andy Barrie's interviews both achieved the status of interview of the day and Mr. Gzowski's interview of the week. Who am I? I am Adisa Oji (feel free to google), I am the former UofT student who led the successful challenge that closed down the controversial "Into the Heart of Africa" exhibit at the ROM in 1990. In a recent conversation with Dan Rahimi (Vice President), I have reconciled unofficially with the ROM.

I look forward to your reply.

Adisa S. Oji
aka Brother Oji

No comments:

Post a Comment